iOS 7 for iPhones has been getting a lot of attention lately. But what about iOS 7 on iPads? This post will focus on two areas that are very important to iPad users – reading and typing. Making Reading Fun Again Apple introduced a new text display system in iOS 7 called Dynamic Type. It […]
We are extremely proud to announce that our latest products are launching today as a Kickstarter project. First off, there is the Touchfire Keyboard and Case for the iPad mini. Fast, comfortable typing on a mini? Impossible! Until now. We are also launching our own line of custom-designed iPad cases that integrate superbly with Touchfire, […]
Apple recently released the Beta 2 version of iOS 7. It was the first version that runs on iPads. We loaded it onto our test iPad to see what the on-screen keyboard looks like and how it works with Touchfire. Here’s a picture of Touchfire on an iPad running iOS 7: As you can see, […]
We are thrilled to have been chosen for this honor. We are one of only 10 companies in the “Invention” category. Here’s the cover of the magazine, which also links to the article:
We launched Touchfire as a company on July 11th. Here is the press release. This marked the beginning of general availability of Touchfire. We have gotten some great product reviews: http://techland.time.com/2012/07/11/touchfire-ipad-keyboard/ http://www.zdnet.com/touchfire-ipad-keyboard-enhances-text-entry-and-is-made-in-the-usa-review-7000000536/ http://www.informationweek.com/byte/reviews/personal-tech/tablets/240003335 http://ipadcto.com/2012/07/11/ipad-touch-typing-better-living-through-silicon/ http://www.suntimes.com/technology/ihnatko/13715183-452/touchfire-keyboard-cover-for-ipad-a-totable-solution.html http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2012/07/20/touchfire-ipad-keyboard-review/ http://www.businessinsider.com/touchfire-ipad-keyboard-review-2012-7 http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07/14/071412-tech-gearreview-touchfire-deleon-zzphotoglzz/ http://mashable.com/2012/08/02/hot-gadgets/#794553-Touchfire-ScreenTop-Keyboard-for-iPad Plus Touchfire users are starting to chime in. Here are two recent user reviews: http://www.seandburke.com/blog/2012/07/29/touchfire-the-beginning-of-something-beautiful/ […]
We are on track for shipping out your reserved Touchfires at the end of this month or the first week of July. As we said in our last update, the biggest issue we had to face was replacing all of our magnets. Well, the new magnets arrived yesterday; hooray! Our factory is now running 24/7 […]
Summary The Good News: We signed off on Touchfire going into volume production; hooray! Our factory will start making Touchfires next week. The Bad News: We had to order tens of thousands of new magnets, and it will be about 4 weeks before they get here. More Good News: By the time the magnets arrive, the factory will […]
Touchfire will be coming in two models – one for the iPad 2 and one for the iPad 3. Both of these models will also work with the iPad 1. The Details We are finally on the other side of getting Touchfire ready for mass production, and have dealt with some interesting and challenging issues along […]
Hello, everyone! Steve and Brad here, with a Touchfire update. Manufacturing and Shipping Update Right now we are in the final stages of getting Touchfire into mass production. All of our molds have been delivered to our factory, and we are in the process of debugging them. Touchfire is manufactured in a clean room. Here […]
Touchfire Quick Tips
- If your Touchfire keyboard doesn't quite line up with the keys on your iPad, rinse your Touchfire under tap water and pat it dry in a fluffy towel.. The silicone is sometimes a little extra sticky when it comes from the factory, and that keeps it from aligning to the magnets in your iPad..
- The cover magnets in the iPad 1,2,3,4 Keyboard product are only for an Apple Smart Cover, Smart Case and similar cases that are held closed by the magnets in your iPad. Anything else - don't use the cover magnets!.
- When you install the cover magnets, please press down firmly on your cover over the magnets for a few seconds to properly set the adhesive.
- Type with a quick, light stroke. You don't need to press hard on Touchfire's keys; just the opposite! It sometimes takes a little practice, but Touchfire works best with light key pressure.
- Some screen protectors can cause your Touchfire to not work correctly. If you have a screen protector on your iPad and you feel you have to press hard to make the keys work, then your screen protector is too thick to work with Touchfire.
- To quickly deploy Touchfire for typing, hold down the tab when you open the iPad's cover.
- Your iPad doesn't have magnets under Touchfire's "ears". But you can lock Touchfire onto your iPad just by pressing down on the lower portion of the "ears".
- iPad 1 Users - Also press down on the black strip to lock down your Touchfire, since your iPad doesn't have any magnets there.
- A great way to get started with your Touchfire is our Typing Tutor. It will teach you how to best use the iPad keyboard as well as Touchfire.